If you're planning a visit to Dubai, there are various types of tourist visas to accommodate different travel needs, depending on your eligibility:
1. A single entry tourist visa, valid for 30 days or 60 days
2. A multiple-entry tourist visa, valid for 30 days or 60 days
3. A multiple-entry long-term tourist visa, valid for five years
4. A transit visa, one for 48 hours and another for 96 hours
5. Visa on arrival, either for 30 days or 90 days contingent on nationality
6. Visa on arrival for Indians who have a visit visa issued by the USA, or a green card issued by the USA, or a residence visa issued by the UK or the EU.
7. eVisa for residents of GCC countries (GCC citizens are eligible for visa-free entry).
Check the available visa options and requirements for your nationality using the dropdown menu.
There are fines for overstaying, which amount to a standardised fee of AED50 a day and will be calculated from 10 days after the expiry of the visa. Before applying for any tourist visa, do review the specific requirements for your chosen visa type and ensure all necessary documents are in order. In some cases, it is also possible to extend a tourist visa via GDRFA’s official website or an Amer Service Centre.
For detailed and up-to-date information, please refer to GDRFA's official website.
2. Visa requirements and application
Each visa type has its own requirements for documents that need to be submitted; a few commonly needed documents include:
* A recent passport photograph
* A passport or travel document, valid for no less than 6 months
* Valid health insurance
* A national identity card in the case of certain nationalities
* A travel ticket showing an onward journey, and in the case of transit visas, this should be within 96 hours of arriving in Dubai
* For GCC residents, a copy of your residence permit
* For visa on arrival for Indian nationals, a permanent residence card (green card) issued by USA or a residence visa issued by UK or European Union countries.
Once you have all your documents ready, you can either apply directly via the GDRFA website or apply through an authorised agency such as your travel agent or tour operator, approved airlines or your booked hotel. While processing time varies based on the visa, it approximately takes 48 hours to be issued.
For detailed and up-to-date information, please refer to GDRFA's official website or check with your travel agent.